About Me

Studying BA Illustration at the University of Brighton. This blog is dedicated to work done while studying abroad at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (FALL 2011). Also see the work of Philippe Nash, who is also here with me on exchange from Brighton: http://philippenash.tumblr.com

Friday 30 September 2011

Catherine is slowly getting over her fear of all things Type, Design and Adobe

So here are some outcomes for layout that I produced for this week's class. We had to take the Vernacular type we photographed around Nicollet Avenue, isolate them to make an alphabet of vernacular, arrange it into the pangram 'the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog', include an image, the street name and the definition for 'pangram'.
Philippe lent me the photograph on these layouts, but I plan to photograph Nicollet Ave this week specifically for this assignment and see what I come up with..
I'll post the final design up next week.





Also here are some scans of the final rendered patterns I made for the last assignment, aswell as a scan of the original patterns made with repeated letterforms.





That's enough Typography for now. Bleugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment