About Me

Studying BA Illustration at the University of Brighton. This blog is dedicated to work done while studying abroad at the Minneapolis College of Art and Design (FALL 2011). Also see the work of Philippe Nash, who is also here with me on exchange from Brighton: http://philippenash.tumblr.com

Monday 26 September 2011

Screenprinting Class

This is my rough sketch for my first reduction screen print.. I will give the actual screenprint more texture and make it more painterly - this sketch is stencilled just so I could figure out the order of the colours and shapes.
These colours are inaccurate. 
BROWN backround will be YELLOW.
BROWN of skirt will be a DARK PINK.
RED of skin will be RED/BROWN.
BLACK will be DARK BROWN.
LIGHT PINK will be a nicer PINK.
But the BLUE will be BLUE.


This is based on a picture Hannah Repko took of Jovia and Justine in Uganda in 2007.




Will post the prints here in the next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment